(€5.55 à partir de 20 ex)
|Claude DEBUSSY (1862-1918)||
DEUX CHANSONS (version 1898) - Two songs
|POEMS :||Charles d'Orléans (1391-1465)|
|PAGES:||16 (hard cover)|
- MeF 859 - Claude Debussy: Two songs of Charles d'Orléans (1898 version).
- Claude Debussy's (1862-1918) "Deux Chansons de Charles d'Orléans" composed in April 1898, foreshadows the famous "Trois Chansons" that were to be published in 1908.
- If this first version of “Dieu, qu’il la fait bon regarder" is closely recaptured in 1908 (with, however some differences), the same is not true of "Yver, vous n’estes qu’un villain", indeed incomparable both with melody and harmony and the very structure of the piece.
- No doubt everyone will enjoy exploring these forgotten versions of Charles d'Orléans' Songs, songs, considered today (along with Maurice Ravel's “Trois Chansons”) as the illustrious representatives of French choral music.
- This songbook includes "Dieu, qu'il la fait bon regarder" as well MEF 854
- and the two version of "Yver, vous n'estes qu'un villain":
- - Version A, according to the complete score MEF 857
- - Version B, according to the seperate voices MEF 858
2 other products in the same category: